Browse our selection!

Visit my Traveling Vineyard site at http://www.travelingvineyard.com/guide/morethanatasting to book a tasting, or to join my team!

Monday, February 17, 2014

My favorite wine of all: Sauvignon Blanc




Just right for summer, spring, and okay I'll admit it, I drink it in the fall and winter, too... Sauvignon blanc is a crisp, dry, and refreshing white wine.

You can find great Sauvignon blancs from France, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Washington, and California, and depending on the climate where the grapes are grown, the flavor can be grassy or more tropical.

Wine hunting tip: California Sauvignon blancs may be labeled Fume Blanc instead!

Pairings with food: fish, sushi, shellfish, poultry dishes
Pairings with cheese: Chevre, Monterrey Jack, Havarti

Rarely would you age a Sauvignon blanc - they are best enjoyed young, so grab it, throw it in the fridge for about 2 hours, and enjoy it at about 50 degrees.

Visit my Traveling Vineyard site at http://www.travelingvineyard.com/guide/morethanatasting to browse our great selection of offerings, start an exciting new career, or contact me to book a tasting in your home and try before you buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment