Browse our selection!

Visit my Traveling Vineyard site at http://www.travelingvineyard.com/guide/morethanatasting to book a tasting, or to join my team!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Salud! And a few more of my favorite toasts



Cheers!

Salud!

Bottoms up!

Those are just a few of the common clicking phrases before enjoying a nice glass of wine. Ad you raise your glass this evening with friends and family, I thought I'd throw a few more your way:

Stems up! (refers to the stem on the wine glass - similar to Bottoms up!)

Skol! (the Swedish version of Salud!)

Prost! (German version of Salud)

If you feel that you must embellish with words, try some of these:

To wine-those plump grapes' immortal juice
That does this happiness produce.


To grape expectations.

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.
-- Latin saying


“My grandmother is eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle.”
- Henny Youngman


To alcohol: the cause of, and solution to all the world's problems.

Here's to the floor, who will hold you when no one else will.

Beer is made by men. Wine by God. - Martin Luther


Visit my Traveling Vineyard site at http://www.travelingvineyard.com/guide/morethanatasting to browse our great selection of offerings, start an exciting new career, or contact me to book a tasting in your home and try before you buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment